27th-28th May 2022
Vertical Guided Bone & Tissue Regeneration
Upon successful completion of this masterclass, students will be able to:
- Understand the principles of Guided Bone Regeneration and Guided
- Undertake expert patient diagnosis for vertical and horizontal
- Make informed choices in graft selection and treatment planning.
- Apply the latest techniques to reconstruct peri-implant soft and
hard tissues around dental implants or around teeth.
- Plan effective post-operative protocols.
For groups of minimum 10 people it is possible to request a simultaneous translator.
First day – address: Fondation Varenne, 79 avenue Raymond Poincaré 75016 Paris
Second day – address: 2 bis rue leroux 75116 Paris
Distance between addresses is 5 min walk.
LECTURES + HANDS-ON WORKSHOP
9.00-10.30 LECTURE TOPICS
• Biological principles and understanding of Guided Tissue Regeneration (GTR) and
Guided Bone Regeneration (GBR), their differences and similarities
• Diagnosis and treatment planning to save teeth
• GTR in the anterior dentition: Limits and possibilities
10.30-11.00 COFFEE BREAK
11.00-12.30 LECTURE TOPICS
• GTR surgical hints and tricks (video demonstrations)
• Socket management: Do we need to preserve?
13.30-15.00 LECTURE TOPICS
• GBR: Diagnosis and patient selection for vertical ridge augmentation
• Step-by-step surgical vertical GBR technique in the posterior mandible
• Graft selection: Autogenous versus grafts?
• Barrier selection and fixation devices
• Postoperative protocols
15.00-15.30 PREPARATION FOR HANDS-ON WORKSHOP
15.30-17.30 HANDS-ON WORKSHOP ON PIG JAWS AND VIDEO DEMONSTRATION
• Vertical ridge augmentation using titanium reinforced non-resorbable membranes, bone graft and mini screw
• Flap management to achieve tension-free passive mucogingival flaps
• Implant placement + vertical bone augmentation
At the end of the course a fabulous dinner will be offered in a cool London or Paris restaurant on Friday evening.
LIVE SURGERY + LECTURES + TREATMENT PLAN EXERCISE
9.30-11.30 LIVE SURGERY
• Live surgery of a complex Guided Bone Regeneration case with professional audio-visual set-up
11.30-12.30 POST SURGERY COMMENTARY
• Lecturers will review the important points of the surgery
• Students have an opportunity for their questions to be answered
13.30-15.00 LECTURE TOPICS
• Peri-implant and periodontal soft tissue management
• Tips and tricks to avoid pitfalls in regenerative surgery
• Complications and how to manage them
15.00-15.30 COFFEE BREAK
15.30-17.00 LECTURE TOPICS
• Evolutions in regeneration: GBR and GTR in the future
• Tissue engineering in alveolar reconstruction: Facts or fiction?
• New techniques to reconstruct peri-implant soft tissues
• Treatment planning exercise with cases presented by participants
1. Correct diagnosis and case selection using specific guidelines for full assessment of the patient.
2. Know when and how a tooth can be saved by means of periodontal regeneration.
3. Live experience of the challenges of a vertical bone augmentation surgery, with particular emphasis on the precise steps of the surgical procedure.
4. Tips and tricks of successful Guided Bone Regeneration and how to avoid surgical pitfalls.
5. Confidence in treating patients with bone defects by applying Guided Bone Regeneration techniques.
6. Handling soft tissues during Guided Bone Regeneration to achieve success.
This masterclass provides the knowledge and skills required to manage severe vertical bone defects and treat them using Guided Bone Regeneration techniques. The use of such grafts can significantly reduce patient morbidity and restores adequate bone volume to allow the placing of implants without compromise on positioning. In addition, the masterclass provides the knowledge needed to reconstruct lost periodontal tissues around previously diseased teeth to avoid extraction.
METHODS OF STUDY
The masterclass is delivered in small group workshop ensuring a very high level of individual support and guidance.
12 MONTH MENTORSHIP
After course completion, lecturers will be available to answer any questions from students regarding their own bone and tissue regeneration cases. In addition, within these 12 months students are welcome to travel to Isabella’s London practice to receive guidance and perform one live surgery on a patient who requires bone and tissue regeneration treatment.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- A primary dental degree from a recognised institution.
The masterclass is delivered and assessed in English therefore prospective students should ensure they have sufficient language skills to cope with the academic demands of the course. For group bookings with a minimum of 10 participants in one language a professional translator will be provided.